Conversation Creator (Social Marketing Advisor) – Wellington
Reporting to Communications and Marketing Manager / Programme Advisor
Six month fixed term 20 hours per week
Open to all genders, we have a unique opportunity for you to help lead New Zealanders to a shared understanding of gender equality in this supporting role. You’ll be developing exciting content from New Zealand’s first Gender Attitudes Survey to engage stakeholders and the general public in conversations about gender.
- A unique opportunity to build on the Gender Attitudes Survey results, and the first wave of publicly released narratives, with infographics and a short film.
- Mobilise existing reach through our membership and digital platforms to distribute content and provoke conversations to change attitudes.
- Post content and monitor the Gender Equal NZ website and busy social media spaces as the Gender Attitudes Survey collateral is released.
- Work with our Masculinity Advisors to put together positive messages about masculinity.
The National Council of Women of New Zealand has recently launched Gender Equal NZ. The Gender Equal NZ movement aims to lead New Zealanders to a shared understanding of the inequalities that persist in our society – by shifting the underlying attitudes and assumptions that cause these inequalities.
We have some exciting new plans to harness the growing interest in gender equality and build a shared understanding to take collective action for change. The Gender Attitudes Survey is one of the three key projects under Gender Equal NZ. These projects target the four key areas of inequality, economic independence, safety and health, education and influence and decision making.
We’d love you to join our small team if you have:
- Minimum of 1 year relevant experience in communications and/or managing digital communities
- Understanding of the social norms and attitudes that underpin gender inequality, including an awareness of intersectionality
- Relevant tertiary or industry qualifications eg communications, journalism, marketing, project management
- Project management, record-keeping and administration skills
- Ability to produce accessible web appropriate copy for diverse audiences
- The ability to be a team player and collaborator
- A good sense of humour and a positive attitude
Find out more here: www.seek.co.nz/job/35866711