As a result of funding from the Strathlachlan Fund we will be expanding the national office team to include this new role. Please share it with your networks:
Chief Storyteller (Data and Visualisation Analyst)
Reporting to Programme Advisor – Permanent part time (30 hours per week)
Open to all genders, we have a unique opportunity for you to help lead New Zealanders to a shared understanding of gender equality through our brand new Gender Dashboard – an online monitor across the four key areas of inequality.
- Pivotal role in developing New Zealand’s first online Gender Dashboard
- Co-ordinate the data extraction, analysis and digital story-telling necessary to develop the Gender Dashboard
- Work with Programme Advisor, data experts, wider membership and government supporters
- Responsible for ensuring the Gender Dashboard is the go-to place for New Zealanders interested in outcomes across gender
The National Council of Women of New Zealand (founded by Kate Sheppard in 1896) has recently launched Gender Equal NZ.
The Gender Equal NZ movement aims to lead New Zealanders to a shared understanding of the inequalities that persist in our society – by shifting the underlying attitudes and assumptions that cause these inequalities.
We have some exciting new plans to harness the growing interest in gender equality and build a shared understanding to take collective action for change. The creation of New Zealand’s first Gender Dashboard is one of these projects.
We’d love you to join our small team if you have:
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in quantitative analysis
- Relevant tertiary or industry qualifications (statistics, data analytics, business intelligence software)
- Hands on experience in data extraction and analysis of complex information
- Experience in sourcing data from multiple environments
- Considerable business intelligence and digital storytelling experience to tell complex data stories in easy to understand formats
- The ability to be a team player and collaborator
- A good sense of humour and a positive attitude
The job description is available here.
Applications close on Monday 2 April 2018
For more information about this position please contact Sandra Dickson on 04 473 7623 or email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com